How To Plan Software Project - Complete Guidelines in 2022
A comprehensive, step-by-step approach to use development analytics, to design and plan software projects successfully. A complete guide on how to give a better plan.
When we consider software development, we usually come back to the same question: "How To Plan A Software Project?" So, yet again, we're here to help you with your problem. Furthermore, we will respond to any unresolved queries you may have. So, let's get started...
The organisation of software development is equally as important as the development process. It lays the groundwork for the success of your product and allows the team to expose stakeholders to their operations, procedures, and standards.
A software development plan would be one of your primary papers for years; therefore, it's a long-term commitment. You may even use the same techniques for other projects and products.
EXPERIENCED DEVELOPER'S PROMISES
The enou.co takes software development very seriously. Our mission is to deliver objective project estimates, risk assessments, collaboration with possible users, and the definition of actual measures for measuring project success to the clients.
Send us an email with a brief explanation of your project's objectives, and our marketing analysts, including project managers, would be pleased to offer their knowledge.
Software development is a really difficult task. And, in today's IT industry, work is frequently required... yesterday.
Whether you design software for clients all around the world or create your own, it occurs.
When dealing with a non-technical customer, it might be challenging to explain why things don't proceed as expected or persuade them that more resources are required.
And, regardless of your developers' great attempts, the client may be perplexed as to why a project cannot be executed on time as well as on budget.
When working on your technologies, you may find it necessary to cut cycle time, boost predictability, and reduce programmer frustrations to deliver projects quickly.
That is why preparation is so necessary.
Because a solid project plan is required regardless of how simple or complicated the project is. It's the answer to having a straightforward design, documentation, and processes. Moreover, especially when you want to perform jobs quickly, provide high-quality software, and meet deadlines.
How do you make successful software development plans?
An expert software consultant advises their clients on how to get and use a custom software solution to meet their business requirements. They can also work with software professionals of a company to help them create custom software for the unique requirements of a company test and deploy the software to make sure it satisfies the client's needs.
Read More: software consultant
How can you produce better software in a shorter amount of time? With the aid of developmental analytics, here's your comprehensive guide to planning for successful software development.
PREVENTION OF PROJECT FAILURE
"If you don't plan, then plan to fail," this phrase describes the importance of planning straightforwardly. A variety of "Software Development Life Cycles" (SDLC) are being used today, each with its framework and approach to the issues of moving from the start to the finish of a project. Different techniques will be employed depending on the requirements. Each takes a different approach; thus, picking the best one depends on the intended result and the circumstances under which the software process plan will be carried out. The following are the most famous SDLC models:
- Big Bang
What is Software Development Planning?
Software development planning is a method of project management that is well-organized. It outlines the actions and the resources required to finish the project successfully.
The timetable of project development is included in software development planning. Investigation and planning, conceptualization, design and implementation, installation, development and launching, and support are all included in the plan.
Knowing how to enable the firm for planning software development projects entails describing and attempting to cover everything from the core principle, project scope, and requirements to a detailed timeline, project supervision, desired milestones, and possible revisions, related to cost estimation, risk mitigation, and everything else in between.
As a result, the project's quality is primarily determined by constructing the software project plan.
It also enables the most efficient deployment of resources to the exact locations required. You risk having too many obstacles to overcome during the process. If you don't prepare ahead, resulting in delays, increased expenses, customer discontent, demoralization, and low team effectiveness.
Consequently, everyone — product designers, stakeholders, managers, and development teams – needs to plan software development programs effectively.
In collaboration with the appropriate team(s), a project manager should design the project in conjunction with the stakeholders and other departments.
Those who play a role in its success, including testing or Quality assurance teams or marketing professionals.
Key Benefits Of Planning
The advantages of contemporary software project planning are enormous: not only would you have a straightforward method in place for all, but you'd still be able to produce more time- and cost-effective, dependable software with far less stress with both the supplier as well as client teams.
- The following are some of the additional advantages of planning and executing the 5 Phases of SDLC–software development life cycle:
- Everyone "recognizes" and "starts speaking" the same language.
- It establishes defined procedures and routes of communication amongst the parties concerned.
- It establishes defined roles and duties for all team members.
- For each phase, everyone understands the status and definition of "done."
- It establishes an early agreement on how post-production work will be done (bug fixing, new features, updates)
Setting up systems for delivering digital projects began quite some time ago. The Waterfall methodology, with extended deadlines including Gantt charts, was popular in the 1990s. In the 2000s, we adopted Agile, complete with goals and manual reporting.
Analyzing Team Efficiency
As a result of analyzing team efficiency, information about interpersonal and intergroup strengths and weaknesses becomes more transparent. You have the Agile data-driven technique, which automatically analyzes team efficiency and helps you with real-time statistics on development activity, allowing you to make better data-driven judgments.
Some experienced software engineers provide objective and practical insights into engineering work, allowing you to see how much time and money is spent on unexpected work, bug fixes, and other efforts.
You'll be able to comprehend the economic effect and project expenses better and create bespoke, automated reports to answer complicated queries about what's going on in the design and development process.
What Are the Purposes of Software Project Planning?
- The fundamental purpose of planning, we may say, is to organize the process, so that client and user needs are satisfied and to avoid problems and misunderstandings. The way it's done will significantly impact whether the project succeeds or fails.
- If we go a little deeper into the reasons for planning and designing a software development project, we'll see that it's all about having a clear picture of:
- The software project's fundamental purpose
- The activities and subtasks that must be completed to meet each functional criterion
- The following is a list of priorities for feature development.
- The individuals involved, as well as their distinct roles and objectives
- Resources as well as reasonable projections
- Performance and process metrics will measure the effectiveness and quality of service.
“Do You Know…? It's not hard to compose a code! but it's undoubtedly compelling to compose an exemplary code. Read More: principles of coding”
Project Management Software's Impact on Project Planning
For project management, project management software is often used to organize, plan, manage and allocate resources.
It facilitates team collaboration and project tracking while identifying tasks and responsibilities. It helps project managers to keep track of expenditures and timelines while also promoting cooperation among stakeholders.
Teams must maintain everything structured to deliver projects on schedule, especially when numerous projects are in progress.
Cloud management software for projects puts all on the identical page by summarizing all projects, assisting in job prioritization, and keeping everyone on the same page.
Prevalent Reasons For Using Project Management Software
Project management systems have all of the tools you'll need to schedule your projects efficiently, manage financial instruments, respond to difficulties, and keep all stakeholder groups informed.
Having the most powerful project management tool, purely based on your company's services, may have a reasonable influence. Let's discuss some valuable reasons;
1. Smarter planning and strategizing
In today's fast-paced world, everyone wishes to spend less time but more efficiently to get more remarkable outcomes.
- Regardless of the approach used, planning of typical projects and preparation are crucial steps of project management. These project management techniques can be used to acquire the team's previous history of managing major tasks.
- To assure success, project managers can swiftly create a methodical management strategy and prioritize activities.
- By the software of project management, actions like assigning resources, recognizing dependencies, creating priorities, and producing project objectives may be completed swiftly and easily.
- Despite the fact that a good start is critical to a project's success. Capabilities that assist in the project development and prediction process are included in effective project scheduling techniques.
2. Better Collaboration
The secret behind ordinary individuals achieving extraordinary outcomes is teamwork. Project teams might incorporate people from many departments.
- As a result, they must optimize their everyday tasks, making it challenging for others to attend panel discussions and keep up to date.
- Furthermore, communication gaps can lead to unwanted project interruptions and problems, squandering precious resources.
- The plan of project management has the huge advantage of simplifying project effective collaboration.
- It consolidates all communication into a single location.
- Using a single tap, project deadlines and progress summaries can indeed be accessed, and essential notifications can be sent to the proper parties right once.
3. Working from home
- The scope of current efforts is not constrained by region or organization. Workforces are now distributed, making management harder.
- Distant location project management software makes it simple to conduct remote projects because it assists managers in directing their teams more productively.
4. Assign Responsibilities That Work
- Typically, managers struggle to assign tasks to all team members in an equitable manner, thus impacting the team's total productivity.
- Through a project management application, management might swiftly allocate project duties to members of the team and know who is actually available nowadays.
- It's also a better practical option for teammates.
- It's definitely a more practical option for all team members. In project management, all individuals have to perform study the program and get started on their duties according to their preferences.
- Most of these apps also mail out automatic reminders before deadlines to maintain seamless and effective operations.
5. Faster File Exchange And Access
- It's crucial to have safe access to and share important documents. Professionals have utilized shared drives; however, project management software seems to be a more practical solution.
- Individuals may swiftly make changes, offer input, and annotate through project management software.
- These technologies also keep track of changes, ensuring everybody on the team is updated.
6. New members can be integrated more easily.
- Projects are dynamic by nature, and it is occasionally required to add new people to the entire project.
- On the other hand, project integration is an arduous effort to get recruits up to speed in a short period.
- This difficulty may be easily overcome with the aid of any competent project management software. They could keep records of projects effortlessly and get a precise picture of the entire project.
7. Risk mitigation that works
- A successful manager can spot potential roadblocks and put in place practical solutions.
- Managers may improve their risk prevention and mitigation techniques and use all available resources to implement effective interventions with project management software.
- This increases the performance of the group, and its efficiency and helps management effectively deploy their available resources to prevent project hazards.
8. Management of the budget
- As previously said, one of the key advantages of adopting project management software is that it allows customers to manage all of their resources properly.
- Scope creep, or the tendency for projects to deviate from their original plan is relatively common throughout any project.
- Managers may avoid this by using a project management system that allows them to keep track of everything with the aid of a fundamental project reporting tool and prevent project costs from spiralling out of control.
9. Productivity gains
- Another key advantage of using a project management system would be that it simplifies decision-making and increases workplace productivity.
- You can always make informed judgments quickly since all of the crucial data is in one location.
Read More: below the fold website. The digital marketing wisdom is that the content present above the fold is noticed more and so is more important than the content present below the fold website.
Aims And Prerequisites for Good Plan
The following are some of the most significant aims and prerequisites for good planning:
- Having a clear and precise grasp of the objectives and specifications is essential.
- Identifying the most time and cost-effective methods for executing the project
- Having a thorough project planning documentation
- Observance of high-quality development guidelines,
- Providing end-users with dependable, high-quality goods
- Providing the necessary flexibility to allow changes or iterations without disrupting the workflow.
As you'll see, there are project operational and commercial objectives to meet.
When there's an issue or a roadblock, possessing a well-thought-out growth plan comes in handy.
If you follow the approach, it's simpler to detect and delete the course without disrupting the deadline if you follow the process.
To help you perform to the best in one engineering teams' performance, our development analytics tool examines your coding, PRs, tickets, and CI/CD operations.
What Does a Software Development Plan Contain?
Although software development is a complicated technical process with many parts, having a project plan may help you visualize and track each stage while also providing a timetable for the team's work.
Fortunately, various tools to pick from, including development and projects analytics and project management software. The technical team's size and the complexities of the software project are frequently factors in this decision.
Read Also: Design your “Customised Software” for better business growth.
Software Development Plan Contains the following steps:
- Whenever you plan, you describe the project and its goals.
- Scoping is the process of analyzing and determining.
- as precise as possible tasks but also sub-tasks.
- The developers make realistic schedules and cost estimates but factor in unanticipated delays: vacations, sick days, and meetings.
- The following are milestones and their approximate dates (to know how the project is going)
- When you build and deliver software, you are deploying it.
- Because data is your biggest supporter in software development, that's always a good idea to review your prior procedures using historical data.
- When designing a software project, see if you tend to overscore or underscore (albeit it's generally the latter).
Now let's get down to the nitty-gritty: learn how to plan efficient software development initiatives by including these critical milestones (or phases) on your to-do list.
Top-Notch Software Development Project Planning Guide
You're already aware of all of these phases of the software development life cycle as a technical lead or software engineering supervisor. Regardless of the procedure, these are essentially the same processes for each software product.
After all, you're in charge of your team's performance, the effectiveness and efficiency of the software provided, stakeholder interactions, and engineering objectives alignment of business priorities.
So, how do you get started on a software project? The first is to plan out everything.
1. Evaluation and study of the project
It's the first step in the planning stage of a customer-requested software project. It has much to do with the project's viability.
This section of the analysis ensures that you get off on the correct foot, and it entails looking into:
A better knowledge of the project's aims (concept and goals)
Also, a better understanding of the project's requirements.
The project's requirements.
Because they're all related, it usually happens at the exact moment as the requirements and indeed the significant planning process.
2. Fundamental requirements
Both the project team and you begin to record the technical specifications needed to effectively deliver the software package as you progress to the third phase in planning and continue to wrap up the project's scope.
Your responsibilities at this point are to determine who will be in charge of the development.
3. Establish the requirements.
Determine the milestones that will serve as checkpoints for monitoring and feedback loops (they will respond to the question, "How is the project coming along?").
You'll respond to questions regarding the project's technical components with your team, such as: What problem does the program solve? Who is the final consumer? What kind of information is required? Is there a requirement for specific integrations? What steps are taken to ensure security?
- By answering these questions, you'll be able to specify and record technical specifications and requirements, testing methodologies, technological stacks, software, or hardware, including methods (if you're utilizing Agile, you might want to start a sprint review).
- Risk assessment is a component of this planning stage, and it ensures that you are aware of any restrictions or dangers that the project may face.
4. Make a plan
- The most careful and essential aspect of the endeavor is planning. It's also a component of the project scope, but everyone knows how long it'll take from conception to deployment.
- Everyone engaged will be better organized and synchronized if they have a clear vision of the timetable.
You may produce a more accurate estimate of time and money by splitting down work into routine tasks, subtasks, and stages you will perform, as well as looking at the assets required.
To visualize and follow this timeframe plan, you may use a Gantt chart, a list, or, better preferably, a software application.
If a problem arises, you will be able to identify and resolve it more quickly than if you had not prepared at all.
Simultaneously, this stage affects the efficiency of your management, which, in turn, impacts the success of any project.
How to avoid problems?
The more precise and well-thought-out the preparation, the easier it will be to stick to the timetable and avoid too many problems.
- Consequently, project planning includes gathering information, making decisions, and documenting all components of the project: goals, targets, tasks, expenses, and schedules.
- And just don't forget to implement real engineering KPIs and metrics to measure your projects' performance against the concrete goals you've established.
- Now is the time to start working on: To offer you a more precise framework now is the time to focus on: no.
- not only Tasks but also subtasks for each worker who focuses on the projects on a rough schedule and primary phases of development
- Communication methods with the group, the client, and stakeholders
- Estimates of time and cost (more accurate when the requirements are set and analysed)
- Times of release and categories of releases
- Everything should be documented (even if you're going to make iterations).
Collaborates With Marketing and Testing— Is It Important?
It's ideal if the software development team collaborates with marketing and testing to match business and development goals, but this isn't always the case. Testers, for instance, can fulfill their roles later whether they're part of an external team.
The planning phase also outlines the project's precise developmental stages, the work required at each level, and cost estimates.
The timetable should be reviewed regularly. None of this is fixed in stone when it relates to software development because it is always a complex process to manage; thus, adaptability is essential.
Nearly 1,000 engineering executives across the world rely on Waydev. Learn how the capabilities of our complete Git Analytics tool may help you enhance velocity and minimize cycle time.
5. Design & Prototyping
The planning phase is the next step in a successful software project strategy. This has nothing to do with aesthetics but rather with the construction and functioning of the project.
In conclusion, software engineers and architects are in charge of ensuring that the project's flow, structure, and functionality satisfy the project's requirements. It may consist of the following:
- The entire structure, as well as its capabilities
- The software solution's functionalities
- If necessary, hardware and software elements
- Emerging software design tools
- Processes that are tailored to the demands and objectives of the company.
- It's required to build either a straightforward
- easy-to-understand design document that depicts the product's operations and interactions – or prototypes if you need user feedback on the progress features – at this phase of the software development life cycle.
6. Progress Monitoring and Measuring
Before we proceed, we must review this stage of the planning phase checklist.
To track and assess performance and code quality, you'll need to create software statistics.
To ensure a clear and steady workflow with as few barriers as possible, these metrics should be established from the start of the project development process.
Without these metrics, you cannot properly manage the projects to gather and offer relevant data.
Project analytics, also known as development analytics, are critical tools for identifying and removing future or present roadblocks within the SDLC software development life cycle.
It becomes simpler to detect work patterns and the degree of code quality and launch readiness as one monitor and measures key software metrics.
Our solution gives you access to all of the programmer data you need to manage and analyze work from start to end — in real-time.
The Project Schedule report, for example, displays the most actionable data in code-based activities. It allows you to observe what your group focuses on throughout a sprint or a more extended period.
Evaluation of project needs may enable you to create better software faster, request extra resources, or alter delivery schedules based on objective facts and plan requirements.
You'll receive a clear picture of the Coding Workflow metrics so you can figure out what's going on during the review process and improve engineer cooperation.
You'll also gain fantastic insights into how resources are used and how to keep teams on track with automatic executive reporting on Resource Planning and Projects Costs.
7. Coding and development
Once the design phase is complete, it's better to move on to the coding phase. So the following stage in designing efficient software development projects is the software development stage, which is one of the most difficult, complicated, and time-consuming.
The software development team is presently working on the solution, which is being built following the project's scope, objectives, and planned functionality that were previously agreed upon.
It might be an easy and rapid procedure or a more complicated one that involves multiple integrations and functions based on the scale of the project.
In any case, the planning work's purpose is to ensure that possible risks are kept to a minimum and that a reliable, clean, and successful software product is created.
Testing methods are still required for the delivery of dependable software. You'll need to double-check:
- Observance of project specifications
- Keeping the budget and timelines on track
- Software measurements such as source code and other related software metrics.
- As a result, you must have these components in place before beginning the actual work at this strategic planning stage.
Development and testing are frequently carried out in tandem to ensure that any software feature the team is producing is bug-free and ready to use.
However, after the software solution has been fully built, it must go through a thorough testing process to ensure that the final result is bug-free and helpful to end-users.
This is why we've separated this step from the others; it's also a phase that takes longer to complete.
An external team can also handle the testing and quality assurance phases. If that's the case, they can develop a different plan for this step.
9.Deployment to Production
Deploying the code into production is the (nearly) final step in developing any software project. It's the instant when all of your developers' hard work comes to fruition, and your website is made available to the general public.
Deployment does not always occur concurrently with the production stage. Projects involving software are, once again, rather complicated. As a result, many implementations may be necessary throughout the testing and development phases before the finished product deployment.
Throughout the development, experimenting, and production stages, the process might look something like this:
- Your team creates, delivers, and tests software until it can be launched.
- This code is designated as a release candidate.
- The release candidate is deployed for which was before testing by your team.
- Work on release candidates until the final one is reliable enough;
- Assign the release version to that stable deployment candidate.
- Launch the production model of the release version.
10. Support & Maintenance
Even though the scheduled development work has been completed, this does not imply that the software task has been completed as well. The program frequently goes through several stages of development once it is online.
The support, as well as maintenance of active software, is referred to as the post-production phase. Almost all technological solutions, at some time or frequently, require simple maintenance or maybe more complex modifications, thus the phrase software development life cycle.
Customers ' demands are continually changing, like the services and goods they consume.
The purpose of this stage is to assure the original software's scalability and enhancement so that it can better serve its consumers by:
- We are maintaining the existing software on a fundamental level.
- Bug fixing - as users start using the live program, there have always been bugs to solve.
- New (or enhanced) features and capabilities will be introduced depending on user input.
- One thing to keep in mind is that the customer should have access to all information regarding the project. Ensure that the following items are included in your planning process: The customer can get technical help after deployment (typically agreed upon at the outset);
- From conception to completion, you have comprehensive documenting of the software project.
- There is a written plan for maintenance, assistance, and documentation.
- When it relates to technical debt and code quality control, there is a defined method (keeping developers accountable). Learn more about using the correct performance indicators to measure developer productivity.
- Make sure you have all of this information put down in the project timetable and activity list (tasks and subtasks), so you can prioritise them appropriately.
- To sum it up: How Can You Make a Software Development Project More Successful?
- To prevent (or limit) these hazards, take advantage of the full potential of efficient project planning
- Specifications that are either incomplete or insufficient
- Incomplete documentation
- There are communication gaps between the customer, the team, and the stakeholders.
- Creep in the scope (because of lack of an Agile data-driven methodology)
- Delays in delivery
At each step, regular progress checks are required.
Answer the following questions:
- Did we meet our goals and milestones?
- Are we sticking to the agreed-upon schedule and budget?
- Are the resources being utilised to their full potential?
However, regardless of the scale or complexity of the sought solution, all of the procedures in our guide will ensure that you design successful software projects.
Today, you have development data at your fingertips - not just to plan and manage more efficiently, but also to lead to improved performance as well as morale, customer satisfaction with both the results, and, of course, alignment in your own organisation's mission.
That said, we hope this guidance and a data-driven approach have given you a better knowledge of designing productive initiatives.
Some Worries of Software Development Planning
Things may go wrong even during the planning stage. Some aspects of development are impossible to describe objectively even before the team begins working on the concerned project, while others require experience.
Take a look at these frequent software development problems if you've never established a software development strategy before. These are the difficulties that, in our experience, damage planning the most – but the excellent news is that the majority of them can be prevented.
Initial projections are pretty speculative.
A software developer group should emphasise that cost and time estimates are incorrect. If a vendor promises to provide everything on time and budget, likely, they don't even have any planning experience. A dependable workforce considers the margin of error at all times.
As the area widens, so do the dangers
The scale of the project is another crucial aspect in determining the effectiveness of a strategy. A team may only witness an undertaking from such a bird's eye view while writing documentation for significant projects.
Bottlenecks seem to be more likely to appear as a project progresses through its phases.A dead-end inside one phase of development will delay the next. It's a natural occurrence that has to be considered.
Plans might be used to address the incorrect requirements
A software development strategy must be revisited regularly. Developers and business analysts still don't know project details when they construct software development plans. The team's and owner's visions of the project might drastically shift during the project. A software development plan must be rewritten regularly to meet the most current project requirements.
Plans are not aligned with the most significant interests of users.
Always remember to conduct user research and communicate directly with them. The crucial stage of practical software development is specifying your target audience and speaking to potential clients.
You risk generating an inappropriate solution if users do not validate the project's scope and requirements.
The entire team isn't on the same page.
External team members should have been included in software planning and implementation if a software development team collaborates with them. The ideal situation is to hold a meeting for all internal and external stakeholders. Having a few shared calls will enable you to keep everyone informed and understand its product development vision. Acquiring everyone on the same page early on will help you prevent arguments and misunderstandings later on.
The best way to make a software development strategy
You only need to follow conventional best practises to succeed in software development planning. They're pretty doable — you won't require much time to include them into your collaboration – but they'll make a difference in the end.
The task is divided into modules.
It's hard to create the entire strategy in one session. You'll need to divide the procedure into small sections. We recommend using a modular system: Each portion should be defined as a module, with relevant team members assigned. Set a time limit for each module and ensure that all teams are clear about the scope of their work.
Research is shared in real-time.
During the planning stages of software development, researching is a must. Market research, customer evaluations, focus group interviews, and analysis of small tasks should be instantly available to all team participants. If there are any updates, they must be delivered to all members simultaneously.
The strategy is examined and adjusted regularly.
Planning for software development is a continuous activity. The breadth of software development demands is constantly changing. The team must examine software development frequently for it to remain relevant. Keep the prior versions on hand if there is a disagreement throughout the process. Take a look at these software development plan templates to see how colour codes might help you keep track of multiple versions.
The software development strategy must contain as much relevant information as possible because it will act as the foundation of the overall project from start to end. The goal of this document is to lay out the entire strategy for building, altering, or upgrading software and define how each phase of the SDLC should be tackled. The scope of activities to be completed during development; the schedule for the abovementioned tasks and the assignment deadline; the sequencing of task completion as well as their levels of priority; and a suitable software development plan must also include:
The personnel in charge of the task assignment;
Budget, scheduling, quality assurance plans, and risk management plans are all examples of plans for controlling various areas of the project.
You may wonder why software plans fail?
Following can be reasons of failure;
- There isn't a comprehensive software development plan in place.
- Communication issues.
- There is no responsibility or leadership.
- Goals and solutions to an issue that are poorly defined.
- User evaluation and feedback are scarce.
What is the significance of a project plan?
Project planning is critical in guiding stakeholders, investors, teams, and the project manager through many phases of the project. Planning is required to establish desired goals, mitigate risks, prevent missed deadlines, and produce the agreed-upon product, service, or outcome.
Who is in charge of project planning?
Before the mission manager puts the final adjustments on the project management plan, team members, including stakeholders interested in the project and its outcomes, may contribute feedback, expertise, expenses, and other relevant data to be brought in and authorised.
What approaches do we employ for software development?
To fulfil the highest KPIs for your project, we perform all of our development, including software testing methods using highly successful approaches such as Agile, Scrum, DevOps, and others.
We track all of the steps involved in the production of your digital product and evaluate them against the following essential metrics:
- Organisational assets
- operation description
- milestone verification
- project scope statement